Monday, March 24, 2008

My First Birthday


I just had my first birthday and I've decided it's time to start my own blog... mostly for my grandparents to keep up on my daily activities. My first birthday was really fun. I ate a whole cupcake. Carrot cake cupcake. One of the highlights of the day - other than all 4 of my grandparents being at my house - was the balloons. I slept well that night.
That was two weeks ago. Last week, dad had his spring break last, so dad, mom, and I all went to Virginia Beach for the week. It was my first time camping and I loved it. Playing in the sand, eating pieces of mulch, sleeping in my pack n' play in the tent, the sun, the wind, the seagulls, it was all great. I even went swimming twice, and put my head under for the first time. Wow! I didn't even cough when I came back up. Mom and dad were really excited. They videotaped me a lot.
Yesterday was Easter. I actually went to two other first birthday parties! One was at the Building Museum downtown, and the other was up in Tenleytown (the picture is of me and Easter bunny Oscar playing bumper cars with Emilia's new toys). Busy day!
Today was our last day of spring break - Easter Monday. Mom and Dad packed me up in the stroller and we rollerbladed down to Old Town Alexandria. Mom and Dad decided to use their Easter money from Grandmom and Grandpop and go out for a nice lunch. So, the three of us went to the Chart House and sat overlooking the water. I had fish for the first time - yum!
But now I'm exhausted again (it's hard to nap in the stroller when it's windy...and my bath always makes me extra tired), so I'm off to bed. Good night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Good Morning, Lauren!

I was so surprised to wake up to see you on your new blog site! This will be lots of fun for Grandpa Randy and me to keep up with all of your adventures!

Happy Spring! We love you!
Grandma Susan & Grandpa Randy